If you’re getting a new Miniature Schnauzer puppy, you’ll need some supplies to get ready. We’ve made up a list of what you’ll need, along with our recommendations for different products.
- Small kennel (Or large kennel with a divider), for crate training. It will help with potty training and gives your puppy their own space.
- Baby gates. It’s important to block stairs until they master them, and block off rooms that promote chewing or mischief.
- Lots of toys! Kong toys are our favorite. Kong offers a wide variety of durable and creative toys. We rarely find one we don’t like.
- Carpet Cleaner. We use the Bissel Spot Clean Pet Pro. How often you need it will depend on how consistently you enforce our potty training program.
- Dry Puppy food. After extensive research into canine nutrition, we chose Diamond. The main thing is to find a diet that you Schnauzer responds well to. If you have questions, please call. There are a lot of mixed messages about canine nutrition, and we have done a lot of research
- Soft puppy collar, walking leash, and harness. Miniature Schnauzer puppies almost always start in an extra small harness. We prefer to use a harness, because it secures the Schnauzer better, and is better on their bodies.
- Grooming brush. Grooming is important to keep your Schnauzer’s coat looking clean and well maintained. If you do all of your puppy’s grooming yourself, you might want a higher quality set.
- Nail trimmers. While your Schnauzer puppy is young, you can use human nail trimmers, but you will need canine trimmers once they’re older.
- Shampoo and conditioner. We use Perfect Coat.